Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ber-mandy di Wadi Hardramawt!!

Arab (or rather middle eastern) foods are the in thing now.  One can find kedai Arab at almost every corner  (well, I might be exaggerating a little bit but I guess you know what I mean).



  
So needless to say, I've joined the camel bandwagon too and have fallen in love with Arab foods.  Sedappp!  So, I'm gonna feature a few middle-eastern makan places.  The first one (but definitely not the best in my mid-eastern foods list) is Wadi Hadramawt in Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

 The restaurant is located right in a middle of a used car show room.
Not a very conducive place to have a restaurant, eh?

 
A camel figurine

Tak sahlah kalau tak order mandy rice kalau pergi kedai Arab kan.
We order lamb mandy...

...and chicken mandy.
Verdict : I've tasted better and I've tasted worst. err....


Besides the mandy rice, 
hummus is another must-have.
I love hummus. 

 But unfortunately they serve their hummus
with this flat, very dry and thin bread.
I'm quite disappointed. Very, in fact!

Their Arab tea bolehlah tahan. 
Not bad. Quite nice and refreshing.
 
My friend also ordered this bean-y dish.
Am not a fan, though.

Salad Arab - touboleh. 
Bolehlah....  
  
 

They claim they are a Yemeni restaurant.
Hence the picture of some forest in Yemen. 
 
 
 ...and the Yemeni famous dagger, Jambiya...

Another decoration in the resto...

 
 So, Wadi Hadramawt is a so-so place to eat.


And their address is : 
No. 226, Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur,
MALAYSIA
(Between Sucasa Hotel & Petronas Gas Station)
Tel: 03-4253 3333
Fax: 03-4251 5392
 

No comments: